Saturday, April 16, 2016

Week 10

Hello everyone,
So this week was a lot of integrative work, as far as the project goes. In my proposal I talked about an integration step which I have finally reached, where my work is slowly being formatted and then fitted together on a medium that accommodates all of the parts.

There are two ways that I'm going about experimenting: through wix and powerpoint.

For those of you who don't know, wix is basically a website that helps you design your own website. It's much like blogspot or wordpress, but in this case it's more for website creation than blogs.

There's not too much going on with that as it is mostly busy work (formatting, copying and pasting, sizing, etc.) It's going to be interesting though once I an see the final product!

In other parts of the project, there are some more interesting things going on. I've had two recording sessions so far for the score. I think I'm going to have one more session, and then I'm going to transfer over into garageband and start adding in other digital instruments to accompany it.

Animations have been going full steam ahead! My mentor and I have been working hard to get all of the illustrations and animations completed, with the deadline approaching so quickly, and with the additional work I had writing a presentation for the project, I'm definitely beginning to feel pressure!

Here's a teaser animation, it was one of the earlier ones that we did. It's pretty simple, but I liked the way it came out and it does a nice job of setting the scene up.


Honestly, illustrating and animating are beginning to blur together right now since I am starting animations as soon as the picture's completed. It's getting to a point where I just have to keep churning out the art in order to finish. It isn't the most pleasurable thing, not because I don't enjoy the art, but rather because of the rate at which I'm having to work. 

So while I'm exhausted, I'm still hanging in there, and the work is still very enjoyable overall. Here's an illustration that I finished this week. Animating it is going to be extremely difficult, probably the worst yet, but I'm excited to get started with it. It's definitely one of the starkest illustrations in the scene, it's really one of the few where the colors are vivid and saturated. The goal with this was to create a magical, otherworldly feel when designing the costumes for the red knights. They look very solid and tangible, but then they sort of just fade away into a silky wave. Hope you enjoy!

~Keanan~

4 comments:

  1. Wow Keanan, I can't see how well you've improved since just a couple weeks ago! Do you think we'll be able to get a glimpse at your process on wix and ppt? Glad everything's coming together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great, keanan. can't wait to see the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that illustration will definitely be tough to animate--it's so detailed and intricate and you're going to have to rearrange it! Good luck! But it'll only be difficult because of how well done the image is, so kudos for that. I hadn't realized that you were also creating a score, that's exciting. You'll have a lot to talk about in your presentation for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good! I can't wait to see it all together; it'll be amazing!

    ReplyDelete